Cyclades Highlights 8 Day Private Tour
Athens - Mykonos (by air) - Santorini (by sea) - Athens (by air)
A magical adventure through some of the best of the Cyclades, starting with an awe-inspiring tour of Athens and its ancient sites. Discover this alluring capital and its over 5,000-year-old history before flying off to the Cyclades, first stop: Mykonos. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore the island on an exciting jeep tour culminating in a glorious sunset.
Then Santorini where you will experience beautiful views, unique volcanic landscape and the black sand beaches, with time for snorkeling and swimming. Learn about traditional foods in a cooking class, dine on a mouthwatering feast in a local’s home.
At a Glance
|Flight to Athens - Afternoon at Leisure||Athens|
|Ancient Athens Private Walking Tour||Athens|
|Flight to Mykonos - Afternoon at Leisure||Mykonos|
|Enjoy a full day of sailing, including a visit to the archaeological site of Delos.||Mykonos|
|Sail to Santorini - Afternoon at Leisure||Santorini|
|Santorini Caldera Hike or Cooking & Tasting Experience||Santorini|
|Morning at Leisure - Flight to Athens||Athens|
|Return Flight from Athens|
Why Book with Unforgettable Greece
- We are the Greece destination experts, with a passionate team of Greek travel designers
- Enviable black book of the best local guides and hand-picked local experiences in Greece
- Book today with a low deposit and flexible cancellation terms, up to 60 days prior to departure
- 24/7 Concierge service from the moment you book and throughout your journey with us
- You are 100% financially protected for a guaranteed peace of mind
- 99% Positive client feedback rating and multi-award winning service
Day by Day Itinerary
This enchanting adventure begins with your arrival into Athens International Airport where you’ll be met for transfer to your hotel in the capital city.
After taking time to refresh, you’ll have the rest of the day at your leisure, perhaps relaxing in an outdoor café or simply wandering the streets, taking in the magical atmosphere that surrounds ancient sites like the Acropolis. The city hosts many great rooftop bars that are ideal for taking in a view over it all, as well as an awe-inspiring sunset while sipping tasty Greek wine paired with a local delicacy.
Today you’ll take a trip back in time in this city with its more than 5,000-year-old history via a four-hour private guided walking tour. You’ll get to know Athens’ ancient heart and its most iconic landmarks, including the Acropolis and Parthenon, retracing footsteps of the some of the world’s most influential figures in history while learning about what you’re witnessing from your knowledgeable guide.
It includes a visit to the Acropolis Museum and its remarkable artifacts like carvings, statues and much more. Gaze down through the transparent floors of the Gallery of the Slope
Transfer back to Athens airport for your flight to legendary Mykonos where you’ll get to lay your eyes on one of the world’s most coveted island destinations. Once you’ve checked into your hotel, you’ll have the afternoon at leisure.
A place to see and be seen with winding streets lined with art galleries and interesting shops. The isle offers plenty of beauty to gaze at and capture on film, like iconic Cycladic buildings with whitewashed windmills that overlook Mykonos Town
Enjoy a full day of sailing through the Cyclades, cruising on a yacht from Mykonos to visit the uninhabited isles of Delos and Rhenia. Along the way you’ll enjoy a stop to swim or snorkel in a secluded beach cove.
The excursion can be customized, adding an extra stop for swimming or for a guided tour of Delos’ sacred archaeological site. UNESCO-protected, it’s filled with fascinating ruins, primarily dating to the 5th-century BC, though some are even older than that. You’ll be able to stroll through, marveling at the temples, statues, mosaics and a theater. Back onboard, feed your appetite with a light lunch, complete with Greek salad, paired with Greek wine, beer or soft drinks.
An island that nearly everyone is familiar with, Santorini is next on the agenda. As you glide across those sparkling sapphire waters into the port, viewing the dramatically steep caldera is sure to be an experience you’ll never forget.
Enjoy the rest of the day relaxing or taking in some of the sights at your leisure, perhaps a photo tour of some of the most alluring spots, from the ancient wonders of the prehistoric site of Akrotiri to whitewashed Oia village with its narrow, winding streets, awe-inspiring cliff and caldera views or colorful stretches of sand at Red beach. There are plenty of lovely blue-domed churches to capture against a backdrop of the nearly always bright blue skies as well.
Join a cooking and tasting tour that starts with a visit to a winery and is followed by a hands-on cooking class taught by local experts. You’ll learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture and indigenous grape varietals, sip some of the distinctive volcanic wine and then discover how to cook some of the local traditional cuisine with an island chef. Enjoy the results afterward paired with local wine.
Alternatively, if you want to stretch your legs while taking in some of the best views on Santorini, including the sapphire Aegean and the whitewashed homes that spill down the caldera cliffs, take a hike along the path that runs between Oia and Thira, for the most spectacular views.
On your last final full day of this exciting adventure through the Cyclades highlights and beyond, you’ll have much of the day at your leisure before your afternoon flight back to Athens. After making your return to the capital city, check into your hotel to prepare for your journey home.
Take a stroll through the historic Plaka neighborhood, the city’s oldest, to unwind at a café while people watching or pick up gifts and souvenirs. There are hundreds of shops with everything from kitschy tourist items to handcrafted artisan products to choose from.
After checking out of your hotel you’ll be met for transfer to Athens International Airport to take your flight home or embark on further travels.
- Private transfers in luxury vehicles throughout your journey with us
- 2 Nights in Athens in a luxury hotel with breakfast
- Guided tour to Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum
- One-way flight from Athens to Mykonos including check in luggage and seats
- 2 Nights in Mykonos in a luxury hotel with breakfast
- Day sailing trip to Rhenia and Delos islands in Mykonos
- Pre-booked high-speed ferry from Mykonos to Santorini
- 2 Nights in Santorini in a luxury hotel with breakfast
- Wine tasting and food tour in Santorini
- One-way flight from Santorini to Athens including check in luggage and seats
- 1 Night in Athens in a luxury hotel with breakfast
- 24/7 concierge service throughout your trip
Lets our Greece travel experts design a personal quote for you within 24 hours.
- FROM $2,995 PPOur most popular Greece honeymoon itinerary visiting Athen, Santorini and Crete.
- FROM $3,495 PPJoin us and discover Athens, Naxos, Mykonos and Santorini in this 10 day private tour. Enjoy a myria...
- FROM $3,895 PPDiscover the Cyclades and Crete on this 10 day private tour from Athens to Santorini, Paros and Cret...
COPYRIGHT © 2020 UNFORGETTABLE GREECE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED