Hotel King George – Athens
Best for: Luxury travelers looking for VIP treatment
- Ideally located in Syntagma Square across from the Parliament building
- Historic hotel known for its exemplary service that’s attracted many VIPs
- Rooms include view balconies, period furnishings and modern amenities
- Fine dining rooftop restaurant with panoramic city views
- Fitness center and sauna
- Access to the amenities at Grande Bretagne next door, including a spa, pools, cigar bar and multiple cocktail bars
About Hotel King George
This historic luxury hotel is perfectly positioned opposite Parliament in Syntagma Square, featuring neoclassical interiors and opulence throughout, including the elegant rooms. A former royal residence, it boasts picturesque views looking out to the National Gardens and Acropolis, and has entertained numerous VIPs, including Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra, since opening in 1936.
This high-refined hotel was built in 1837 and was once a royal residence as the home of the Greek prime minister. It’s renowned for its understated luxuries and exceptional service that’s drawn everyone from Marilyn Monroe to Madonna. Each room is furnished individually, with unique handcrafted furniture including beautiful marble baths with deep soaking tubs and Olivia toiletries, and all are soundproofed. All are spacious and include a small balcony that overlooks the Parliament building, Syntagma Square and the Parthenon. A few rooms have a view of the upmarket Voukourestiou pedestrian walkway, while the Penthouse suite enjoys the most impressive view of the Acropolis along with its own infinity pool. An outstanding breakfast buffet is served every morning on the rooftop terrace that sits on the seventh floor, with a la carte options ensuring something for everyone. The rooftop Tudor Hall restaurant serves Grec-French fare with fabulous views of Athens’ skyline that stretch from the Parthenon to the Panathenaic Stadium.
In a corner of Syntagma Square overlooking the Parliament.
Athens International Airport is approximately 40 minutes away.
- 102 Rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Period furnishings
- iPod docks
- Deep soaking tubs
- Slippers and robs
- High-end toiletries
- Flat-screen TVs
- Tudor Hall rooftop restaurant
- Tudor Hall rooftop bar
- Spacious gym
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Laundry facilities
- Access to the spa, pools, cigar bar and multiple cocktail bars at Grande Bretagne next door
COPYRIGHT © 2020 UNFORGETTABLE GREECE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED